Sketchfab WebVR Guideline
The process is simple using their handy plugins for many 3D modeling softwares, and following a few steps to get it ready for proper viewing in VR.
Step 1: Model in your preferred program.
Your model should be under 150k triangle count. Otherwise it can get glitchy.
Keep your model under 50MB for uploading onto Sketchfab for free.
Step 2: Upload your 3D model onto Sketchfab.
Set up the Sketchfab Exporter plugin for your respective 3D modeling software, and upload your 3D model onto Sketchfab.
Step 3: Edit 3D Settings
- Go to “Edit 3D Settings” on the top right of your screen.
- In the editor, click on “AR VR” icon on the top left menu. This is where you edit your scale for viewing in VR or AR.
- Edit the scale of the human to match your model.
- Then move the scale figure into the center of the 12’ x 12’ footprint. This will position the viewer in the appropriate spot when viewing.
- “Save Settings” and “Exit”
Step 4: Publish the Model
Step 5: Copy the Direct Link
Step 6: Include your link in the submission!
To view with a headset, you will go to the Direct Link, and click on the VR icon to go into immersive WebVR.
Sketchfab makes it easy and accessible for anyone to share their 3D environment to be experienced in virtual reality in a form of webVR.
If you have any other suggestions for webVR, please share with us!